Balmy Fox Citro Barrier Balm - A Natural Bug Repellent & Skin Soother
Moisturising solid balm lotion made using an all-natural blend of citronella, tea tree and lemongrass to soothe and protect your skin, whilst acting as a natural, safe bug repellent.
We are delighted to be stockists of Balmy Fox skincare products. Hand made in Mid Wales using natural, organic and Fair Trade ingredients, Balmy Fox skincare products will repair and protect your skin, whatever your outdoor lifestyle, activity or pursuit.
As always with a new product range we love to test them out here and can safely say that with a combination of walkers, cold water swimmers, cyclists and horse riders on the team we can confirm that the products really do what they say on the tin in a brilliantly natural way!
Why we love Balmy Fox Citro Barrier Balm
- Tea tree is an effective natural antiseptic to help prevent cuts or chafing from becoming infected, whilst citronella, oregano, and lemongrass will naturally deter those pesky biting flies and bugs, whilst at the same time moisturising and protecting your skin.
- Completely free from parabens, phthalates, synthetic fragrances, SLS and other chemical nasties.
- Palm Oil Free.
- Contains around 80% organic ingredients.
- All ingredients are ethically sourced.
- Proudly hand-made in Wales. Balmy Fox products are made fresh, in small batches to preserve their active botanical properties. The percentage of active ingredients they use is always sufficient to have a therapeutic benefit. Their processing methods ensure that the active nutrient of the plant will not be broken down by heating or over- processing. Their ability to use plant actives and natural anti-oxidants in their preservation system are earning them a reputation as one of the most effective, natural skin-care ranges among educated consumers and skin care professionals.
- Product size - 70g
- Packaging - recyclable tin, packaged in recyclable cardboard info box.
- Balmy Fox support charitable causes through a percentage of sales and active promotion. They currently support Plastic Oceans, World Land Trust and ParalympicsGB
Directions For Use
- Rub Balm Bar between hands and apply to all areas of the skin, paying particular attention to exposed areas
- Do not ingest and avoid contact with eyes, discontinue use if irritation occurs. Store below 25 C
- Coconut Oil (Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil),
- Beeswax (Cera alba),
- Sweet Almond Oil (Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis),
- Citronella Oil (Cymbopogon winterianus),
- Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia leaf oil),
- Oregano Oil (Origanum Vulgare),
- Lemon Grass (Lemongrass Flexuosus),
- Vitamin E Pourable (Tocopherol)
- About Balmy Fox
Balmy Fox is a UK business based in rural Mid Wales with a mission to manufacture and supply a positively different range of natural skincare products for active people.
Socially conscious, as well as using organic, ethically sourced ingredients where they can, and with 10% of their profits going to environmental and social causes and projects that support a fair and sustainable natural world.
Because they are passionate about products that truly work on skin complaints caused by the beautiful outdoors, and the environment, they make sure they use organic, ethically sourced ingredients where they can. Currently, around 80% of the ingredients they use in their products are organic and ethically sourced. As they grow, and as better, kinder, more fairly traded ingredients become available to them and the market, they aim to make 100% of products organic and sourced from ethical farms and plantations.
They also aim to become fully accredited as an organic company too!
We used this whilst on an early walk up on the Welsh Hills in mid July. The bracken was high and the horseflies were rampant! The balm worked a treat for all of us, nobody got bitten at all. It is easy to apply to exposed areas and pleasantly soothing on the skin. It also smells great, like a much lovelier version of those citronella candles that remind me of camping years ago! One bar of this will last for many outings :)
Leave a review