Add To Your WishlistThe Coffee Sponge Squeeze



In stock

Sorry we're out of stock!

We can let you know when it's available again, just enter your email address below.


  • Description

    The Coffee Sponge Squeeze

    Made from recycled fair trade coffee sacks, the Coffee Squeeze™ zero waste sponge is a reusable, sustainable, plastic free kitchen scrubber. Perfect to tackle your kitchen, bathroom or any tough job you need it for.

    Each sponge is handmade from the hardwearing fabric of a coffee sack that has reached the end of its journey. The tough jute top is stitched to a canvas liner and pure cotton back before being filled with a sponge-like cellulose core and finished with a woven label.

    Key Features

    • Flexibility 
    • Easy foaming 
    • Quick drying 
    • And still 100% plant based, compostable and handmade. 

    A note about the Design

    We are unable to specifiy a pattern on your Coffee Sponge - around 60% of the Coffee Sponges feature a plain hessian top but the remaining 40% have part of the logo or insignia of the company who shipped the coffee. Some of these are colourful, some a stark black imprint, some are permanent over time and some wear away as you wash and use them.  

    Caring for your Coffee Sponge

    To keep your sponge fresh and ready for use always wring it out after use - it can hold up to 10X its own weight in water so it needs a good squeeze! As your sponge is made from 100% natural materials you can wash it with your towels or freshen it in your regular wash - every 4-5 days will keep it in tip-top condition. You can also run it through the dishwasher. 

    Disposing of your sponge

    When your sponge reaches the end of its useful life it can be cut up and composted or posted in a rag bank for recycling. 

    Size: Each sponge is approximately 12cm x 7cm x 1cm deep

    Pack Size: Single sponge 

  • More Info


    Customer Feedback which brought on the rise of the Unsponge Squeeze by the very talented Rowen Stillwater!


    Can we have a plastic free sponge that foams? 

    Yes. Yes you can. The Squeeze foams up and lathers just like a regular plastic sponge. If you're anything like our testers you'll actually forget that you're using an eco-alternative! 

    unspongefoam.jpg

    Could you make it more absorbent? 

    Oh yes! You let us know that you'd like to be able to pick up spills with your UnSponges - and with the Squeeze it's a breeze: the cellulose core can hold up to 10x its dry weight in water. 

    Can you get it to dry quicker? 

    That's a yup too - the Squeeze dries six times faster than our regular UnSponge and you can wring it out too. 

    unspongesqueeze.jpg

    I can't get a regular UnSponge in tight corners - can you make it more flexible? 

    Can do. The Squeeze packs down for those hard to reach nooks. 

    unspongespaces.jpg

    All this and zero waste? 

    Absolutely. The Squeeze is made entirely from biodegradable plant material* and can be composted. If it accidentally ends up in landfill it will just rot away. 

    unspongediagram.jpg

    *The shell of the UnSponge Squeeze is made from 100% cotton, the Heavy Duty from a linen/cotton blend and the Coffee Squeeze from recycled coffee sacks (jute). 

    The cellulose core of all varieties is made from a blend of cotton, wood pulp and flax. The sponge 'pores' are created by dissolving salt crystals which are reclaimed and reused.

  • Reviews
    Holly

    Not really a sponge for washing cups and glasses. This sponge isn't too bad for washing up plates or pans but even after soaking it simply does not have the flexibility needed for glasses and cups in my opinion. I will try it for household cleaning instead and opt for a cellulose sponge for washing tableware next time.

    Ria- the plastic free shop

    Found this a great sponge for wiping down surfaces in the kitchen, the coffee bag side is good on tougher spills and it's lasted ages

    Leave a review