Sintra Naturals - Pet Wonder Balm
Sintra Naturals' moisturising Pet Wonder Balm is a great addition to your pet's First Aid kit. Perfect for dry or crusty noses, sore and cracked paw pads, calloused elbows, or irritated skin. It is safe to use on both cats and dogs.
Here's a few of the reasons why we love it:
- The balm is handmade and all natural
- Unscented and safe to lick
- Suitable for both cats and dogs (and humans!)
- Packed full of Beneficial Ingredients:
- Hemp oil contains Omega 3 and 6 and is a great source of high quality nutrients for skin health.
- Andiroba oil is clinically proven to be antifungal and anti bacterial plus has great effects on repelling tics, flies and mosquitoes that bother pets
- Shea butter is naturally high in rich vitamin A, E and F which contribute to healthy skin cell growth and reduce inflammation.
- Comfrey root extract is well known for its anti-inflammatory properties
- Handmade in the UK
- Packaging: Recyclable (or reusable) aluminium tin
- Weight - 60g
- Cruelty Free
- No Palm Oil
- 100% Natural and Ethical
How And When To Apply
- Dogs tend to lick their noses, especially around feed times, so we recommend using the balm after your dog has eaten. Apply to clean dry skin as often as needed. In the first instance apply morning and night and 1-2 extra times during the day. But do not worry the balm is safe to lick.
- Cats also have similar tendencies and the balm is safe to use on both cats and dogs.
- Dry noses - A dry nose doesn’t necessarily mean your pet is unwell, but it could indicate an allergy or irritant. It could also be due to sunburn, excessive licking, age or perhaps dehydration. However, if your pet is showing any other symptoms that concern you it is always best to get them checked out by a vet. Dry noses can be sore for your pet so a moisturising and hydrating nose balm can help relieve the discomfort. Using this balm can help keep the nose moist, prevent it from cracking and help sooth any irritation.
- Paws and hot weather - It’s always best to walk either early in the morning or later in the evening, out of the day’s summer heat. But if in doubt check the pavement with the back of your hand to see if it will be comfortable to walk on. Amazingly At 25 degrees Celsius the pavement can reach up to 50 degrees, hot enough to burn those delicate paws. If your pet’s paws have become too hot, allow to cool and then soothe and moisturise the area with the balm to calm irritation. It may be worth moisturising the paws daily during the height of summer to help prevent cracking, rough paw pads or injuries such as cuts. Your dog’s pads are their only defence against terrain - it is so important to look after them. Similar with winter cold burns.
- Allergies - Like us humans dogs and cats can be affected by changes in the environment. Pollen and other factors can irritate and cause itchy sore skin. This pet balm can help repair and calm irritated areas on the skin and paws and ease discomfort. But again if you are unhappy with your pet's health please do consult a vet.
- Skin folds Breeds like French or English bulldogs, Pugs and Shar Pei’s have skin folds which can become irritated and painful if cracked or too humid. Skin fold dermatitis is also very common in these wrinkly breeds and symptoms may include loss of hair, redness and inflammation. Using this natural balm will help to calm any irritation and aid skin repair.
- Everyday wear & tear - Pets love to play, and explore, like checking out rabbit holes or going at 100 miles an hour, irrespective of the terrain. Our pets' normal behaviour leads to general wear and tear on their bodies. Whether it be on their paws, skin or nose this vegan pet wonder balms will help with skin renewal and soothe irritated areas, grazes and dryness.
Overall we reckon this truly is a wonder balm to have on hand. As well as for our pets, it is suitable for human use too. We may be scratched accidently by our pets and this balm is well suited to soothe our skin from occasional scratching and biting.
- Butyrospermum parki (Shea butter)
- Cannabis sativa seed oil (Hemp oil)
- Palm free stearic acid,
- Carapa Guaianensis Seed oil (Andiroba oil),
- Comfrey root extract and vitamin E
- About Sintra Naturals
Sintra Naturals is a sustainable company in the north of England who create products that are effective, nature-friendly, and suitable for all-skin types, even sensitive skin.
They make sure that all the ingredients they use are high-quality and collected from natural sources. From soaps to body butters, they are proud to offer us a range of products that will never fail in soothing and nourishing tired skin!
All their products are made by hand in the UK
We hope to stock more of their range in the future.
This balm has been really great for my pug with his dry nose and skin folds. I saw a real improvement to the dryness after just three days and a few weeks on he is looking (and feeling) great - highly recommend
Leave a review