We are so impressed with this recycled stainless steel tea strainer from Zero Waste Club, not just because it is beautifully made and thoughtfully designed, but also because of the transparency of manufacture which is core to all products by Zero Waste Club.
Why we love it
- Wide mouth and handle are perfect for resting in teapots, mugs, cups, or glass bottles
- Handles on both sides make putting and lifting easier, and help you to avoid being scalded by hot steam
- Fine mesh filters even the smallest tea leaves, giving you mess-free tea
- Lid can also be used to rest wet tea strainer on
- Easy to clean, dishwasher safe
- Strainer made from 100% food grade stainless steel 304 that won’t rust and keeps your drink free from the odour and taste of metal
- Made with 70% recycled stainless steel
- Zero Waste Club plant a tree for every tea strainer purchased
- Comes in a recycled Kraft Paper Box
- Size: Depth of strainer: 75mm Diameter at mouth: 70mm
- Made kindly in China. Full details of production facility conditions and a message from the maker included with the product.
Product care and end of life
- If tea stains occur, simply use baking soda dissolved in warm water. Then wipe tea strainer after use to keep it in a great condition.
- This tea strainer should hopefully last over 20 years. When it does come to its end of life, simply put it in your metal recycling or up-cycle the item using your own creativity!
- About Zero Waste Club
Rishi and Pawan are the founders of Zero Waste Club. Frustrated with what is happening to the planet they went in search of answers. While the markets are changing slowly, they noticed that many products that are eco-friendly are given a luxury label.
They also found that many products sold under the “eco” label tend to stretch the definition of sustainability. Thus they decided to start their own journey to produce truly sustainable, beautifully designed, ethical and vegan essentials at affordable prices.
They want to do more than just make beautiful eco-friendly products. So they are striving to be the most transparent, ethical, sustainable goods company on earth. Opening up their supply chain fully for everyone to see they show that there is a nicer way to do business. Hopefully this will inspire other businesses to do the same.
Really pleased with our tea strainer and love that is is made from 70% recycled steel. It has been well designed, great size for any cup or mug, easy to use, tea leaves tip out easily for composting and cleaning, fine mesh and a lid that converts to a stand! Ten out of ten from us :-)
Leave a review