English Peppermint Essential Oil - 10ml
Essential oils play such an important role in our daily lives here at The Plastic Free Shop and we are excited to bring you our own (nearly plastic free) range - we hope you enjoy our selection.
Grown in the Norfolk fens, this traditional English black Mitcham mint produces a superior quality peppermint oil. The perennial herb thrives in the silt fen soils and after planting soon spreads to form a carpet of mint leaves across the fields. The leaves are cut when the quality of oil is assessed to be at its best and allowed to sap dry before steam distillation.
The oils arrive with us in large sealed aluminium bottles with no extra plastic packaging. We decant and fill the bottles for you by hand, enjoying the amazing aromas as we do so!
- The dropper bottles are made from pure quality cobalt blue-tinted glass. Unlike many cheaper alternative blue bottles, they aren’t sprayed with blue dye. The strong blue glass also offers protection against UV light.
- White recyclable plastic dropper inserts. (We thought about leaving the dropper out to cut back completely on plastic but feel they add to the ease of use and prevent wastage through spillage).
- Recyclable aluminium lid with EPE lining to help preserve freshness and prevent leakage.
- Recycled paper labels designed and printed by us in-house to keep the costs to you to a minimum.
- No extra packaging!
English Peppermint Pure Essential Oil (Mentha piperita)
- Peppermint is one of the first oils we reach for whenever we need to clear the air or restore balance and mental focus.
- Commonly used in dental care too due to its effective and refreshing properties.
- Great for soothing nausea and other stomach issues, perking up the senses before a long meeting, and cooling overworked muscles by constricting capillaries and helping with bruises and sore joints.
- Also try adding to your all purpose homemade cleaner.
- Aromatic Scent: Peppermint has a sharp, penetrating mint scent based on its high menthol content. The sweetness of the vapour makes it easy to see why it is such a common flavouring and scenting agent.
- Size: 10ml
- Extraction Method: Steam extraction from flowering herb
- Country of origin: England, UK
Caution: Essential oils are highly concentrated and care should be taken when using them. Keep away from children and eyes and always check if there are any medical issues which could cause a problem. Always seek advice before using essential oils during pregnancy. Never use pure oils on the skin without diluting, never use internally. Seek help if you have any doubts.
We have included only a tiny snippet of info about the potential uses and benefits for each essential oil, so we encourage you to do your own research before using. Many thanks, and enjoy!
Be the first to review this product.
Leave a review