In my opinion essential oils play such an important role in any eco-minded household, they should be somewhere close at hand at all times!
This wonderful Gift Pack of 5 of my favourite Essential Oils is a set that I think everyone should have in their first aid kit/bathroom cabinet/cleaning cupboard/travel kit!
Note - we are continually on the lookout for a supplier of organic essential oils with no plastic (ie in lid or internal dropper). We would be delighted to hear from you if you know where we could source! These bottles are not ideal in that they have plastic lids and plastic dropper inserts. The bottles are glass. Please re-use where possible!
The kit consists of 1 x 10ml bottle of:
- Lavender Organic Essential Oil (Lavandula Angustifolia).
- The most versatile of all essential oils, lavender is most commonly known for its relaxing effects on the body. It may be used to cleanse cuts, bruises and skin irritations. The fragrance is calming, relaxing and balancing – physically and emotionally. Carrying a bottle of lavender around with you is like having your own personal first aid kit, perfume and pick-me-up!
- Lemon Organic Essential Oil (Citrus limonium).
- The health benefits of lemon essential oil have been scientifially well established. Lemon is best known for its ability to cleanse toxins from the body and it is widely used to stimulate lymphatic drainage, rejuvenate energy, purify skin, and fight bacteria and fungi. Lemon oil is indeed one of the most “essential” oils to have on hand, as it can used for so many purposes, from a household cleaner and laundry freshener, to a mood booster and nausea reliever. One little bottle covers a lot of ground! Please note, Citrus oils, including lemon, are phototoxic, and can damage your skin if rubbed on the skin and exposed to sunlight.
- Orange Sweet Organic Essential Oil (Citrus sinensis)
- Well-known for its uplifting and worry-reducing properties its balancing effect on the mind and body, and its warming qualities. On the physical level orange oil, topically applied, can promote detoxification - this has a positive effect both during times of wellness as well as cold season. Orange oil, when inhaled, can also settle the tummy. In the home orange oil can be used (diluted) as a powerful grease cutter and cleaning agent. Please note, Citrus oils, including orange, are phototoxic, and can damage your skin if rubbed on the skin and exposed to sunlight.
- Peppermint Organic Essential Oil (Mentha piperita)
- Peppermint oil is one of the most versatile essential oils out there. It is one of the first oils we reach for whenever we need to clear the air or restore balance and mental focus. It is commonly used in dental care too due to its effective and refreshing properties. It's great for soothing nausea and other stomach issues, perking up the senses before a long meeting, and cooling overworked muscles (thanks to the menthol)
- Tea Tree Organic Essential Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia)
- Tea tree oil is well-known for its powerful antiseptic properties and ability to treat wounds, which is why it’s one of the top antibacterial essential oils. It has so many uses - it can be used to make homemade cleaning products, diffused to kill mould that’s growing in your home, and applied topically to heal skin issues and treat skin infections. Its natural antiseptic and anti-inflammatory actions make it one of the most beneficial essential oils to have close at hand.
You can also buy these essential oils separately - see separate listings
Caution: Essential oils are highly concentrated and care should be taken when using them. Keep away from children and eyes and always check if there are any medical issues which could cause a problem. Always seek advice before using essential oils during pregnancy. Seek help if you have any doubts.
I have included only a tiny snippet about each essential oil here so please do your own research before using. Many thanks, and enjoy!