Organic Cotton Produce Bags - Variety Pack Set of 3
Pack of three great value organic cotton produce bags designed for carrying fresh fruit, vegetables, bread, patisseries, pulses etc from the supermarket, market or farm shop and storing at home. Also handy for many other uses in the home and travel. Your pack contains 1 x small, 1 x medium and 1 x large bag.
- Produced responsibly by a family run business in India from GOTS certified organic cotton.
- The bags have a handy drawstring closure and because they are made from all natural fibres, the produce inside can 'breathe' whilst being stored, preventing condensation forming and resulting in food staying fresher for much longer than in plastic or paper.
- Take them with you on grocery trips or use for carrying and organising household/baby or travel items etc.
- The labels inside include the 'tare weight' (weight of empty bag)
- Small 17g,
- Medium 32g,
- Large 44g
- Machine washable at 40 degrees.
- Small size: 18cm wide x 22cm high.
- Medium size: 26cm wide x 32cm high.
- Large size: 34cm wide x 38cm high.
- About A Slice of Green
The A Slice of Green produce bags are made with GOTS certified organic cotton from India.
The Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) is the worldwide leading textile processing standard for organic fibres and means the entire textile supply chain is independently certificated including both ecological and social criteria. The cotton is grown on non GM, small farms in South India where the dry climate helps the cotton to grow well. It is then woven in GOTS certified weaving units and sewn into bags.
For the mesh bags the fabric is woven to the actual size of the bag (as it cannot be cut easily) which also means there is no wastage.
The bags each have a GOTS label and A Slice of Green branded label inside.
The branded label includes the tare weight ie. the weight of the empty bag.
The producer is a family business that makes the bags in their own sewing unit in Tamil Nadu, India. Green Pioneer visited the unit in 2018 and were impressed by the high standards.
Good strong bags with a neat pull cord to secure, a pleasure to use in the supermarket and for many other items.
I wet the bags, wring them out then fill with vegetables to go in the fridge. Veg lasts so much longer than usual!
We use these for bread bags, they work great. and the sizes are perfect for different sized loaves. They keep the bread fresher for longer than the plastic/paper bags, and are reusable/washable. They have easily paid for themselves in a few weeks!
Leave a review