Organic Cotton Kitchen Cloth - Tea Towel/Dish Towel/Kitchen Towel
We think these super versatile organic kitchen cloths from Zero Waste Club are great, not just because they are beautifully made and have a miriad of uses in and around the kitchen, but also because of the transparency of manufacture which is core to all products by Zero Waste Club. As usual we have put one through it's paces here before bringing them to you and can confirm that we are suitably impressed!
Why we love them
- These organic cotton cloths are perfect for drying hands, drying dishes, carrying hot plates, or cleaning.
- They are super soft yet strong, durable and very absorbent
- Easy to clean - machine washable
- Size: 40cm x 40cm
- 100% organic cotton
- 3 beautiful colours
- Handy sewn in hook for hanging
- Material and Packaging: 100% organic cotton, which means that they are 100% biodegradable and recyclable. Come in 100% recycled unbleached Kraft paper sleeve, printed with Soy Ink, which is 100% recyclable
- Plastic free
- Production: Made kindly in Tamilnada State, India. The makers are paid on average double the minimum wage for the region - they work 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. For the health and safety of the makers, they are ensured to wear gloves, face masks and hats. Also regular health checks are done at the expense of the factory.
- The dish clothes are shipped via sea freight to minimise the carbon footprint of each product. Zero Waste Club offset their carbon emissions and more by planting a tree for every item they sell.
- Price of £6.99 is for 1 x cloth
Product care and end of life
- Wash at 60°C (140°F)
- Can be tumble dried
- We recommend avoiding fabric softener as it will affect the drying properties of the organic cotton
- At the end of life, consider changing the use of the towel and using it as a cleaning cloth. If you are completely done, then it can be chopped up and added to home compost.
- Or please do check with your local council for cotton recycling
- About Zero Waste Club
Rishi and Pawan are the founders of Zero Waste Club. Frustrated with what is happening to the planet they went in search of answers. While the markets are changing slowly, they noticed that many products that are eco-friendly are given a luxury label.
They also found that many products sold under the “eco” label tend to stretch the definition of sustainability. Thus they decided to start their own journey to produce truly sustainable, beautifully designed, ethical and vegan essentials at affordable prices.
They want to do more than just make beautiful eco-friendly products. So they are striving to be the most transparent, ethical, sustainable goods company on earth. Opening up their supply chain fully for everyone to see they show that there is a nicer way to do business. Hopefully this will inspire other businesses to do the same.
I tested these lovely cloths before we decided to stock them, and I was blown away by how lovely they are. I have the Plum Red cloth and it's great for so many things in the kitchen. The colour is gorgeous, the weave on them has a lovely feel, and my cloth has been used and washed many times now and it still looks fab.
Leave a review