Lyonsleaf - Hot Cloth Cleansing Revitalising Kit
Lyonsleaf are a family business set in the beautiful Mendip Hills in Somerset. They grow their own herbs and use them to create their award winning range of hand-made, natural skincare on their farm. Lyonsleaf is fast becoming the go-to-brand for those with sensitive skin and chronic skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, perioral dermatitis, rosacea and acne, as well as those who simply want to eliminate artificial chemicals from their skincare routine.
This Hot Cloth Cleansing Revitalising Kit is a great way to discover hot cloth cleansing (oil cleansing method)
What is Hot Cloth Cleansing?
Hot cloth cleansing (or the oil cleansing method) is the revolutionary way to cleanse, exfoliate and remove make-up (even waterproof mascara) without stripping the skin’s natural oils.
Improved skin barrier function means moisture is sealed in. Skin remains plumped all day reducing the appearance of wrinkles. Traditional products for oily skin usually attempt to strip excess sebum. This often causes the skin to overcompensate producing more sebum, exacerbating the problem.
Try Lyonsleaf Beauty Balm to re-balance oily, or combination skin and reduce oily shine. Improving skin barrier also keeps out bugs that can cause spots and infections. Lyonsleaf Beauty Balm is non comedogenic, it will not block pores and it often settles skin prone to breakouts. Please see below for more info on this best selling natural product.
The flannels offer gentle exfoliation when cleansing, so you have a complete, 100% natural, facial care system in one convenient little pot.
What's In The Box?
- 30ml Lyonsleaf Beauty Balm - Lyonsleaf award winning BEAUTY BALM is an oil cleansing balm and moisturiser in one. Moisturise, cleanse, exfoliate, nourish, repair and protect, all from one revolutionary little pot and with no artificial chemicals. Made with pure plant oils, home grown herbs and nothing else.
- 1 x 500gsm 100% Cotton Face Flannel
- 2 x 100% Cotton Muslin Face Cloths (2 ply)
- Instructions & Information
- Packaging: Recyclable cardboard box
- Suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin and skin prone to eczema, psioriasis, dermatitis, acne and perioral dermatitis
- Vegan friendly
Please click on the highlighted product for more information. The link will open up in a new tab.
All products are part of the LYONSLEAF WATERLESS SKINCARE REVOLUTION which means:
- No nasties - 100% Natural - water free means no need for preservatives or emulsifiers.
- Undiluted goodness - made with 100% active ingredients.
- Concentrated formulas mean smaller pots that use less packaging and resources.
Lyonsleaf products are cruelty free and hand-made in the UK, using home-grown herbs, by workers earning a living wage, using as little plastic as possible. Lyonsleaf are committed to an ongoing program of reducing carbon emissions, environmental impact and waste.
You may also like to introduce a friend, or indeed try hot cloth cleansing yourself with Lyonsleaf's 'Try Oil Cleansing Kit', available here
- How To Use
How To Use
For best results switch to the Oil Cleansing Method using Lyonsleaf Beauty Balm in place of soap or traditional cleansers. If you need to moisturise afterwards (you may find that additional moisturisation is not needed) then use a very small amount of Beauty Balm as a moisturiser.
Oil Cleansing Method:
- Apply Lyonsleaf Beauty Balm to face when dry, massaging thoroughly to dissolve dirt and make-up. You can take the time to pamper yourself, or do it very quickly if you’re in a hurry.
- Run a clean flannel under comfortably hot water and hold it over your face allowing the steam to gently lift the dirt, make-up and dead skin cells.
- Wipe away residue leaving clean, hydrated skin. Use a muslin flannel for extra exfoliation.
- Repeat as necessary. You don’t need a toner and you may not need to moisturise. If you do, use a very small amount of Beauty Balm as a moisturiser.
We recommend oil cleansing your face morning and night. Do not use flannels or muslins more than twice before washing, dry them out between uses, never leave a flannel in a soggy heap as you will create a home for bacteria.
As a moisturiser:
Use sparingly, as a little goes a long way. Rub a very small amount of Lyonsleaf Beauty Balm between your fingers then apply to your face, massaging in well until it has been absorbed into the skin. Lyonsleaf Beauty Balm is easily absorbed and non greasy - if you feel greasy, you have used too much. When using under make-up use very sparingly and wait a few moments for it to fully absorb.
Non-comedogenic, suitable for facial use and eye area.
- Not suitable for infants under 36 months.
- Not suitable for those with a daisy or aster family allergy, (known as Asteraceae or Compositae or an Sesquiterpene Lactone allergy).
- For external use only
- If irritation occurs discontinue use.
- As with all skin care products test a small area of skin and observe for 24hrs to be sure there is no reaction before applying generally.
Beauty Balm Ingredients:
98% organic / wild harvest
- Orbignya oleifera [babassu] oil**
- butyrospermum parkii [raw shea butter]**
- macadamia ternifolia [macadamia nut] oil**
- simmondsia chinensis [jojoba] oil**
- Helianthus Annuus [sunflower oil]**
- tocopherol [natural vitamin E oil - gluten free]
- cymbopogon martinii [palmarosa essential oil]
- salvia sclarea [clary sage essential oil]
- styrax benzoin + alcohol [pourable benzoin resin]
- pogostemon cablin [patchouli essential oil]
- rosemarinus officinalis [rosemary essential oil]**
- calendula officinalis • [calendula flower extract]
- Note: the essential oils naturally contain: citral • geraniol • benzyl benzoate • benzyl cinnamate • farnesol • limonene • linolool
*Cold Pressed **Organic/wild harvest
Babassu oil is obtained from wild harvest babassu nuts which naturally fall in the rainforest and are not subject to use of chemicals when growing or in their processing.
- About Lyonsleaf
Ben and Vicky Lyons are the founders of Lyonsleaf. The business is run entirely from their small farm, set in the idyllic Mendip Hills in Somerset, England. Lyonsleaf started as a food and herb business - they began by selling the vegetables and herb plants they grew on their farm to local restaurants and at small markets. They had always been interested in using their amazing herbs to create natural skincare products. They thought people might be interested in them too, so they began to sell small numbers at local markets and it has grown from there. They have been making natural skincare products since 2011.
Their mission in life is to provide 100% natural, safe, effective, cruelty free skincare, suitable for the whole family and all skin types (even very sensitive skin), at a price affordable to ordinary people, with the least environmental impact as possible.
From their farm they create a range of unique, award winning skincare and beauty products which have manifested a water-free skincare revolution incorporating the oil cleansing method. It’s here that they grow their own herbs (soon to be certified organic) and then infuse natural plant oils with their wonderfully beneficial properties. They believe it's because they control the quality and storage of their herbs that their potent products receive such amazing customer reviews
These infused oils are then blended with other pure plant oils (mostly organic), organic beeswax and mineral ingredients (and nothing else) to hand-make small batches of what have been described as ‘little pots of wonder’.
They use a high percentage of tropical oils in their products which have evolved to be sun-stable by way of a myriad of antioxidants. These oils will not oxidise on the skin and will neutralise free radicals.
Unlike some more traditional brands, they want us to understand the workings of own own skin, so we can make informed choices and not be misled by beauty business hype.
Be the first to review this product.
Leave a review