Lyonsleaf - 100% Natural Beauty Balm - 60ml
Lyonsleaf are a family business set in the beautiful Mendip Hills in Somerset. They grow their own herbs and use them to create their award winning range of hand-made, natural skincare on their farm. Lyonsleaf is fast becoming the go-to-brand for those with sensitive skin and chronic skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, perioral dermatitis, rosacea and acne, as well as those who simply want to eliminate artificial chemicals from their skincare routine.
Lyonsleaf award winning BEAUTY BALM is an oil cleansing balm and moisturiser in one. Moisturise, cleanse, exfoliate, nourish, repair and protect, all from one revolutionary little pot, all with no artificial chemicals.
Made with pure plant oils, home grown herbs and nothing else.
What's Good To Know
- This formulation is 95% organic tropical oils (Babassu, Shea Butter, Macademia and Jojoba) all crammed with free radical busting antioxidants.
- Gently removes grime, dead skin cells and make up, even waterproof mascara (Oil Cleansing method).
- Improved skin barrier seals moisture in and reduces spots, infections and flare-ups of chronic skin conditions.
- Superior hydration plumps skin all day long, for a healthy glow and reduction of fine lines.
- Rebalances oily and combination skin reducing oily shine.
- Often settles skin prone to break outs and blemishes.
- Sun-stable tropical oils neutralise free radicals and reduces photo damage.
- Suitable for sensitive skin and skin prone to eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, acne, perioral dermatitis and rosacea.
- PART OF THE LYONSLEAF WATERLESS SKINCARE REVOLUTION:
- No nasties - 100% Natural - water free means no need for preservatives or emulsifiers.
- Undiluted goodness - made with 100% active ingredients.
- Concentrated formulas mean smaller pots that use less packaging and resources.
- Lyonsleaf products are cruelty free and hand made in the UK, by workers earning a living wage, using fair trade ingredients and as little plastic as possible.
- Product size - 60ml
- Packaging - glass jar with aluminium lid, packaged in cardboard info box
- Storage & Care - this natural butter melts at body temperature which is why it glides on and absorbs so beautifully. For this reason it should be stored under 25°C or it will melt! The product can be reset by placing in a refrigerator, this process (if it's a one off) will not affect the efficacy of the product but it will affect it's texture. However, repeated heating and resetting will destroy beneficial compounds. UV light destroys beneficial compounds, so store it in a dark place, or at least out of direct sunlight.
- Shelf Life - unopened and stored in a cool dark place this product will keep indefinitely. Once opened it should be used within 12 months. Poor storage will shorten it's shelf life.
- How To Use
How To Use
For best results switch to the Oil Cleansing Method using Lyonsleaf Beauty Balm in place of soap or traditional cleansers. If you need to moisturise afterwards (you may find that additional moisturisation is not needed) then use a very small amount of Beauty Balm as a moisturiser.
Oil Cleansing Method:
- Apply Lyonsleaf Beauty Balm to face when dry, massaging thoroughly to dissolve dirt and make-up. You can take the time to pamper yourself, or do it very quickly if you’re in a hurry.
- Run a clean flannel under comfortably hot water and hold it over your face allowing the steam to gently lift the dirt, make-up and dead skin cells.
- Wipe away residue leaving clean, hydrated skin. Use a muslin flannel for extra exfoliation.
- Repeat as necessary. You don’t need a toner and you may not need to moisturise. If you do, use a very small amount of Beauty Balm as a moisturiser.
We recommend oil cleansing your face morning and night. Do not use flannels or muslins more than twice before washing, dry them out between uses, never leave a flannel in a soggy heap as you will create a home for bacteria.
As a moisturiser:
Use sparingly, as a little goes a long way. Rub a very small amount of Lyonsleaf Beauty Balm between your fingers then apply to your face, massaging in well until it has been absorbed into the skin. Lyonsleaf Beauty Balm is easily absorbed and non greasy - if you feel greasy, you have used too much. When using under make-up use very sparingly and wait a few moments for it to fully absorb.
Non-comedogenic, suitable for facial use and eye area.
- Not suitable for infants under 36 months.
- Not suitable for those with a nut allergy.
- Not suitable for those with a daisy or aster family allergy, (known as Asteraceae or Compositae or an Sesquiterpene Lactone allergy).
- For external use only
- If irritation occurs discontinue use.
- As with all skin care products test a small area of skin and observe for 24hrs to be sure there is no reaction before applying generally.
- Orbignya Oleifera (Babassu) Oil*
- Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*
- Macadamia Ternifolia (Macadamia Nut) Oil*,
- Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil*,
- Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Almond) Oil**,
- Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E),
- Cymbopogon Martinii (Palmarosa) Essential Oil,
- Salvia Sclarea (Clary Sage) Essential Oil,
- Alcohol & Styrax Benzoin Resin Extract (Pourable Benzoin Resin),
- Rosemarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Essential Oil,
- Pogostemon Cablin (Patchouli) Essential Oil,
- Calendula Officinalis (Marigold) Flower Extract.
- Essential oils contain: citral, geraniol, benzyl benzoate, benzyl cinnamate, farnesol, limonene, linolool.
*Organic/Wild Harvest (96%). **Cold Pressed
- About Lyonsleaf
Ben and Vicky Lyons are the founders of Lyonsleaf. The business is run entirely from their small farm, set in the idyllic Mendip Hills in Somerset, England. Lyonsleaf started as a food and herb business - they began by selling the vegetables and herb plants they grew on their farm to local restaurants and at small markets. They had always been interested in using their amazing herbs to create natural skincare products. They thought people might be interested in them too, so they began to sell small numbers at local markets and it has grown from there. They have been making natural skincare products since 2011.
Their mission in life is to provide 100% natural, safe, effective, cruelty free skincare, suitable for the whole family and all skin types (even very sensitive skin), at a price affordable to ordinary people, with the least environmental impact as possible.
From their farm they create a range of unique, award winning skincare and beauty products which have manifested a water-free skincare revolution incorporating the oil cleansing method. It’s here that they grow their own herbs (soon to be certified organic) and then infuse natural plant oils with their wonderfully beneficial properties. They believe it's because they control the quality and storage of their herbs that their potent products receive such amazing customer reviews
These infused oils are then blended with other pure plant oils (mostly organic), organic beeswax and mineral ingredients (and nothing else) to hand-make small batches of what have been described as ‘little pots of wonder’.
They use a high percentage of tropical oils in their products which have evolved to be sun-stable by way of a myriad of antioxidants. These oils will not oxidise on the skin and will neutralise free radicals.
Unlike some more traditional brands, they want us to understand the workings of own own skin, so we can make informed choices and not be misled by beauty business hype.
I tested this for The Plastic Free Shop, and was wowed. Properly wowed! This one little pot does so much - cleanses, moisturises and protects - and works brilliantly. My skin feels, and looks, great and the balm even protects my skin when I go cold water swimming! Definitely one of my top favourite products!
I have been using this for about six months now. It’s fantastic! It smells amazing and cleanses beautifully without drying your skin. It also removes even the most stubborn waterproof mascara. The fact it doubles up as a moisturiser is brilliant. I’d definitely recommend.
Leave a review