Loofco Bottle Brush
- An eco-friendly coir fibre bottle brush.
- Brilliant for cleaning your reusable water bottle, jars, baby's bottles, etc!
- Hand Made in Sri Lanka from Coir coconut fibre with a rubberwood handle, each brush measures approx. 29cmx 7cm, excluding the loop.
- The coir fibre bristles are durable and biodegradable, and the brush is completely plastic free.
- Rinse thoroughly before first use. Immerse and use in warm water with washing-up liquid.
- To keep brush fresh between uses, rinse and shake out excess water and any food particles. Hang to dry. The galvanised metal core will not rust.
- Occasionally soak in hot water with washing-up liquid and air dry to freshen brush.
- Will last for months in normal use and when worn out can be recycled.
- Plastic Free
- About Loofco
- Traditional: Inspired by cleaning methods that have been tried and tested over generations.
- Preserves skills: Helps preserve traditional skills for the future
- Hand-made: Skilfully hand crafted in Sri Lanka and Egypt by small producers
- Fairly traded: Farmers and production workers are treated fairly with wages and benefits higher than normal rates. No children are employed.
- Employment: Provides valuable employment in rural areas.
- Vegan: Some coconut producers use monkeys to aid with the coconut harvest. LoofCo coconuts are not harvested in this way and as such are registered with the vegan society
- Renewable raw materials: Coconut and Loofah are fast growing, plant-based resources that absorb CO2 when growing.
- Sustainable farming practices: Farmed to the highest environmental standards with respect for the environment.
- Plastic Free: Replaces mass produced non-biodegradable plastic washing-up brushes and pads that end up in landfill or are burnt.
- Biodegradable and Recyclable: Loofah and Coconut is 100% biodegradable and can be composted. The metal component of the brushes and cardboard packaging are recyclable.
- Work well: effective for washing-up and cleaning needs
- Durable: They will last for months which makes them excellent value for money
- Great for Skin: Body Loofah is a brilliant at cleaning, exfoliating the skin in the bath and shower
- Raw Materials
- The coconut palm tree or Cocos nucifera is known as the “Tree of Life” for its abundance of uses from food & oils to brushes and mats.
- It is a sustainable, robust resource.
- Coconuts palm trees produce a crop of up to 20 coconuts every month up to 100-200 coconuts a year.
- Coconut fibre (coir fibre) and coconut husks are a 100% natural, renewable & biodegradable by-product of coconut harvesting for the coconut food and oil industry.
- Using Coir fibre and Coconut husk in household products is an environmentally responsible way of utilising a by-product that might otherwise be burnt.
- Coir is the fibrous material found between the hard, internal shell and the outer coat of the matured brown coconut husk. The strong fibre (used for brushes) is separated from the weaker soft fibre (used in mattresses) & coir dust (coco peat).
- Coir remains stiff when wet, and its hydroscopic properties means that it holds liquids well.
- Coir is naturally free of bacteria, plant disease, fungal spores, weeds, seeds and pathogens.
Loofco Production Standards
- Coconut is a sustainable plant-based resource that is biodegradeable.
- Metal core of brushes is galvanised iron that will not rust & is recyclable .
- LoofCo coconut products are made in Sri Lanka by small cottage industry producers.
- LoofCo products help preserve traditional skills and provide valuable employment in rural areas.
- Individual production workers take pride in ensuring attention to product details.
- The coconut farmers and production workers are treated fairly and their wages and benefits are higher than normal rates. No children are employed.
Be the first to review this product.
Leave a review