KURO-Bō - Large Charcoal Water Purifier Stick - Filters up to 3 litres
KURO-Bō is the ONLY scientifically-proven plastic-free water filter currently on the market. Convenient and easy to use, one stick will give you naturally purified water for 3 months + in a container holding up to 3L of water
Some of the Benefits of using a KURO-Bō Filter
- 100% natural, eco-friendly and plastic-free.
- Versatile and easy to use.
- Reusable daily for three months plus.
- Scientifically proven to remove chemicals and heavy metals from ordinary tap water, such as chlorine, lead, aluminium, copper, iron, mercury and manganese.
- Enriches water with beneficial minerals, like magnesium and calcium.
- Scientifically proven to remove E. coli (at 99 CFU per 100ml).
- Neutralises an acidic pH.
- Improves the taste and odour of normal tap water.
- Add one KURO-Bō stick to any container up to 3 litres. For greater volumes, simply add more sticks.
- 100% of the packaging is recyclable or biodegradable. The charcoal filter is stored in a certified compostable corn starch bag
- Recyclable in a number of innovative and eco-friendly ways (see below)
How To Use
- Remove your KURO-Bō stick from its corn starch packaging and activate it by boiling in water for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the water and cool.
- Fill your water container (ideally glass, ceramic or stainless steel) with tap water (up to 3L) and insert a single KURO-Bō stick.
- The KURO-Bō stick will start working immediately, although ideally allow to filter for 4 – 6 hours, or overnight, at room temperature or in the fridge.
- After one month of daily use, boil your KURO-Bō stick for 10 minutes to reactivate it. Remove and allow it to cool, and then simply reuse.
- After two months of daily use*, reactivate your KURO-Bō stick again, allow it to cool and reuse as before.
- If your water doesn’t taste as clean and refreshing as it should at any stage, it likely means it just needs a little boost! In the first and second month, just try boiling your stick again for 5 minutes to open the pores again. After three months, it likely means it’s time to recycle and replace!
*The lifetime of each KURO-Bō activated charcoal stick depends on the water quality and daily volumes of water being purified. For greater volumes of water, simply add additional KURO-Bō sticks.
Great Ways to Recycle your KURO-Bō Stick
- In your pet’s water bowl.
- Dehumidify your bathroom.
- Eliminate odours from your fridge.
- Keep your vegetables fresher for longer.
- Remineralise and balance the pH levels of your soil.
- Burn in your barbecue or fireplace.
- Remove impurities from cooking and bath water
You may also be interested in the KURO-Bō Koins for smaller quantities of water, or for purified water on the go
- How Is It Made?
How Is It Made?
KURO-Bō activated charcoal (Binchotan) is created through an ancient Japanese technique where high quality hardwood is baked in a kiln, at temperatures of up to 1200ºC, until it becomes carbonised.
Through this process KURO-Bō activated charcoal becomes a highly porous natural filter and, when placed in water, naturally adsorbs and removes toxins, chemicals and bacteria, while balancing an acidic pH and enriching it with beneficial minerals – turning ordinary tap water into mineral water, with a delicious and more refreshing taste.
The KURO-Bō Activated Charcoal is made using an indigenous hardwood from Laos, and the branches are harvested from forests that are carefully maintained and managed by experts.
Be the first to review this product.
Leave a review