KURO-Bō Koins - Charcoal Water Purifier - Filters up to 1 Litre
KURO-Bō is the ONLY scientifically-proven plastic-free water filter currently on the market. Convenient and easy to use, enjoy 100% naturally purified water on the go. One pack of Koins will give you naturally purified water in your 1 litre container for 3 months +.
Some of the Benefits of using KURO-Bō Koins
- 100% natural, eco-friendly and plastic-free.
- Versatile and easy to use. The KURO-Bō Koins are designed to fit neatly into any reusable bottle so you can enjoy naturally purified water on the go. Also equally as convenient to use in your water jug at home.
- Reusable daily for three months plus.
- Scientifically proven to remove chemicals and heavy metals from ordinary tap water, such as chlorine, lead, aluminium, copper, iron, mercury and manganese.
- Enriches water with beneficial minerals, like magnesium and calcium.
- Scientifically proven to remove E. coli (at 99 CFU per 100ml).
- Neutralises an acidic pH.
- Improves the taste and odour of normal tap water.
- Add one pack of Koins to any container up to 1 litre. For greater volumes, simply add more koins, or you may like to take a look at the larger KURO-Bō Sticks
- 100% of the packaging is recyclable or biodegradable. The charcoal filter is stored in a certified compostable corn starch bag
- Recyclable in a number of innovative and eco-friendly ways (see below)
How To Use
- Remove all Koins from the corn starch packaging and activate by boiling them in water for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the water and cool.
- Fill your water bottle with tap water (up to 1L) and drop in all the koins. They will start filtering immediately, although for best results leave for 1 – 2 hours (550ml) or 2 – 3 hours (1L). Top up as required.
- After one month of daily use, boil your KURO-Bō koins for 10 minutes to reactivate them. Remove and allow to cool, and then simply reuse.
- After two months of daily use*, reactivate your KURO-Bō koins again, allow to cool and reuse as before.
- If your water doesn’t taste as clean and refreshing as it should at any stage, it likely means it just needs a little boost! In the first and second month, just try boiling your stick again for 5 minutes to open the pores again. After three months, it likely means it’s time to recycle and replace!
*The lifetime of each pack of KURO-Bō activated charcoal koins depends on the water quality and daily volumes of water being purified.
Great Ways to Recycle your KURO-Bō Koins
- Dehumidify your bathroom.
- Eliminate odours from your fridge.
- Keep your vegetables fresher for longer.
- Remineralise and balance the pH levels of your soil.
- Burn in your barbecue or fireplace.
- Remove impurities from cooking and bath water
- How Is It Made?
How Is It Made?
KURO-Bō activated charcoal (Binchotan) is created through an ancient Japanese technique where high quality hardwood is baked in a kiln, at temperatures of up to 1200ºC, until it becomes carbonised.
Through this process KURO-Bō activated charcoal becomes a highly porous natural filter and, when placed in water, naturally adsorbs and removes toxins, chemicals and bacteria, while balancing an acidic pH and enriching it with beneficial minerals – turning ordinary tap water into mineral water, with a delicious and more refreshing taste.
The KURO-Bō Activated Charcoal is made using an indigenous hardwood from Laos, and the branches are harvested from forests that are carefully maintained and managed by experts.
Be the first to review this product.
Leave a review