Hand Printed Linen Bowl Covers - Set of 3 - Choose colour
Helen Round is a British textile designer and print maker. Inspired by the flora and fauna of the countryside and coastline, her classic linen collections of simple and functional homeware and kitchenware are all hand crafted and printed in her Cornish studios. Using small batch production, each piece is made by skilled local artisans from start to finish, with special care and attention to detail.
These Reusable Linen Bowl Covers are perfect for covering food whether you’re saving some for later or prepping your ingredients for supper. The set of three handmade linen bowls are a great way to avoid single use plastics like cling film.
Featuring a beautifully delicate hand printed design from her Garden Collection, we love these bowl covers because:
- They can be used in the fridge
- They let food breathe – unlike cling film!
- They are reusable, over and over again
- They look great in the kitchen
- They are perfect for covering salad bowls etc when eating outside
- Great for covering dough while it proves
- They come in three useful sizes to fit bowls with diameters up to 18cm, 22cm and 30cm
- Machine washable at 30 degrees
- Why Linen?
- Flax, the plant from which linen is made, is a sustainable fibre that is recyclable and biodegradable.
- It is gentle on the land, grows naturally and is easy to incorporate into modern crop rotation cycles.
- Linen is strong and naturally moth resistant.
- As a fabric, linen has been around for centuries and dyed flax fibres found in a prehistoric cave in Georgia suggest the use of woven linen fabrics from wild flax may date back even earlier to 36,000BP.
- Helen Round source all of their linen from a small family business in Europe – where it is grown, woven and dyed to our colour palette.
- Yes, it creases…but we love that about it too and there is much more to it than that!
- Most importantly, as we strive for a more sustainable economy, linen is the natural choice for a slower, more thoughtful way of life.
I love these linen bowl covers. I've two of them covering water jugs containing charcoal water filters and one on a large bowl for bread dough. They're pretty and feel solid enough to last well. I like linen as a fabric that can be grown without chemicals. I'll be getting more to give as presents.
Leave a review