Hand Printed Linen Bowl Cover - Large Size - Choose colour
Helen Round is a British textile designer and print maker. Inspired by the flora and fauna of the countryside and coastline, her classic linen collections of simple and functional homeware and kitchenware are all hand crafted and printed in her Cornish studios. Using small batch production, each piece is made by skilled local artisans from start to finish, with special care and attention to detail.
This reusable large handmade linen bowl cover is perfect for covering food whether you’re saving some for later or prepping your ingredients for supper. It is a great way to avoid single use plastics like cling film.
Featuring a beautifully delicate hand printed design from her Garden Collection, we love these bowl covers because:
- They can be used in the fridge
- They let food breathe – unlike cling film!
- They are reusable, over and over again
- They look great in the kitchen
- They are perfect for covering salad bowls etc when eating outside
- Great for covering dough while it proves
- They come in a lovely large size to fit bowls up to 45cm
- Machine washable at 30 degrees
- Why Linen?
- Flax, the plant from which linen is made, is a sustainable fibre that is recyclable and biodegradable.
- It is gentle on the land, grows naturally and is easy to incorporate into modern crop rotation cycles.
- Linen is strong and naturally moth resistant.
- As a fabric, linen has been around for centuries and dyed flax fibres found in a prehistoric cave in Georgia suggest the use of woven linen fabrics from wild flax may date back even earlier to 36,000BP.
- Helen Round source all of their linen from a small family business in Europe – where it is grown, woven and dyed to our colour palette.
- Yes, it creases…but we love that about it too and there is much more to it than that!
- Most importantly, as we strive for a more sustainable economy, linen is the natural choice for a slower, more thoughtful way of life.
Be the first to review this product.
Leave a review