Reduce Microplastic Pollution with the GUPPYFRIEND Washing Bag
Tested and patented, the Guppyfriend Washing Bag reduces microplastic pollution from synthetic sources.
Now proudly made in the EU.
The majority of clothing today is made of synthetic, fossil fuel based materials such as nylon or polyester. Synthetic textiles continuously lose microplastics. With each wash, countless plastic fibres from synthetic textiles are making their way from washing machines into lakes, rivers and oceans.
To date, microplastics have been found in around 600 marine species, and the decomposition of this pollution takes up to 450 years.
The GUPPYFRIEND washing bag is a patented solution that:
- filters out the tiniest microfibres released from textiles during washing.
- protects your clothes
- reduces fibre shedding
- protects the environment from microplastic pollution
- washes reliably clean (confirmed by laboratory tests)
The Advantages of the GUPPYFRIEND Washing Bag
- made of high-tech filter material
- long lasting and alkali-resistant
- doesnt lose fibres itself
- prevents pilling
- environmentally friendly washing
- helps clothing stay beautiful for longer by protecting the surface
- The fibres that do break off are captured inside the bag, and can be disposed of in the bin.
- The GUPPYFRIEND Washing Bag is made entirely of polyester, including woven tape, edging tape and zip. This makes it fully recyclable by type.
- The filter material is untreated, undyed and contains no additives. The fabric is made of monofilaments - these resemble sticks rather than threads and do not lose any fibres themselves.
- Production: The GUPPYFRIEND Washing Bags are produced fairly and sustainably in Europe. The filter fabric comes from Italy, the other materials from Portugal. The sewing factories that produce the GUPPYFRIEND Washing Bag are located in Portugal und Poland. The design and printing of the packaging are made in Germany.
- Size: 50 x 70cm
- Packaging: Recyclable cardboard info box with carbon neutral printing
- Full directions for use come with the bag
GUPPYFRIEND Washing Bag support the NGO STOP! MicroWaste and are founders of the STOP! Plastic Academy. In the "Train the Trainer" programme of the STOP! Plastic Academy they do workshops for partners, consumers and educational institutions to raise awareness on (micro)plastic pollution. More information can be found here
Be the first to review this product.
Leave a review