DENTTABS - Toothpaste tablets - WITH Fluoride
AS MENTIONED IN WHICH? MAGAZINE FEB 2020
"The best possible dental care using the least amount of chemical ingredients."
This was the original idea behind the development of DENTTABS teeth cleaning tablets.
We are so pleased to bring DENTTABS to The Plastic Free Shop. Here we have the tablets with fluoride We hope you get on well with them. They have been given my family's seal of approval but as with all personal care products a lot of it is down to personal choice :)
DENTTABS are such an easy and effective alternative to conventional toothpaste which traditionally comes in unrecyclable tubes. Here's a few reasons why they tick our boxes:
- Plastic free - The loose tablets arrive with us in one large thick paper bag containing 10,000 tablets. We then weigh and decant by hand into our aluminium bottles.
- The 2 month refill bags are ready packed by Denttabs and are EU certified "OK home compost" paper with corn starch polymer lining to protect from moisture.
- DENTTABS don't contain water and therefore need no preserving chemicals. Did you know that normal toothpaste in tubes is 50% water with many added chemical ingredients for stabilising and preserving?
- DENTTABS' mission is to provide the best dental care using the fewest chemicals. They are proudly free from
- germ-inhibiting substances,
- aluminium and nanoparticles
- Vegan friendly
How will I receive my DENTTABS?
You have the option to either
- Purchase your DENTTABS in one of our neat lightweight aluminium bottles- perfect for refilling, keeping clean and dry in the bathroom or throwing in your washbag for those trips away. Choose either:
- 1 months supply in a 30ml bottle = 20g - approx 62 tablets (2 per day) or
- 2 months supply in a 50ml bottle = 40g - approx 124 tablets
- Purchasing the refill bag
- Supplied ready packed by denttabs
- sufficient for 2 months with 2 x daily use with 1 tablet each (125 tablets)
- SAVE with 3 packs (6 months supply)
- Packaging - EU certified "OK home compost" paper with corn starch polymer lining to protect from moisture
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON DENTTABS PLEASE CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD A PDF BROCHURE
DENTTABS teeth cleaning tablets consist of just a few key ingredients:
- The main ingredient is micro-fine DENTTABS cellulose to gently and effectively polish your teeth
- A small portion of silica against persistent teeth staining
- Organic mint + menthol flavor for good taste and fresh breath
- Surfactant - Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate (soap) - in order to reduce the surface tension of the teeth and to better distribute fluoride in the mouth
- A minimum quantity stevioside to cover the slightly bitter taste of the silica
- Some Vitamin C to stimulate saliva, especially in older people
- Some baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) to adjust pH level
- Sodium fluoride for the promotion of re-mineralising of your teeth.
FULL INGREDIENTS LIST: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Sodium Bicarbonate, Silica, Sodium Lauroyl Glutamate, Magnesium Stearate, Aroma (Natural Mint Flavour), Menthol, Xanthan-Gum, Stevioside, Citric Acid, Sodium Fluoride, Eugenol
- How To Use
How To Use
- Chew up a DENTTABS teeth cleaning tablet with your front teeth until you feel no more crumbs and they become paste like.
- Brush your teeth with the wet toothbrush as usual.
- Rinse out.
- They 'feel' very similar to regular toothpaste, although they don't foam up quite as much - don't worry, they are still working hard!
Denttabs recommend using a soft bristled toothbrush, as this helps with the ‘polishing’ action. However I use one of our medium stiffness brushes and that works fine for me.
The Fluoride in DENTTABS:
Fluoride per tablet is 1.450ppm = 0,15%.
Weight of one tablet is ~1/3 Gramm.
Because conventional toothpaste consists of 50% water, the free fluoride ions react with other materials in the toothpaste. Towards the end of the 90’s a study stated that the quantity of available fluoride ions actually contained in tooth paste, had sunk to approximately 80% after only 4 months. If you imagine how long your toothpaste has been on the shelf before you buy it and then how long it takes you to use it - not good!
DENTTABS are manufactured dry. The first contact with humidity happens exactly in the moment, you chew on them in your mouth and mix it with saliva. Advantages to this are the sodium fluoride disintegrates only in the mouth. Thus the quantity of fluoride ions, which was contained in the tablet originally, is available 100% without any loss. The fluoride ions are in the saliva, right where they are supposed to be. With the toothbrush you distribute the DENTTABS mixture and take the fluoride ions exactly there, where they can work: directly on your teeth.
With DENTTABS almost all fluoride ions get mixed with the saliva. With tooth paste however a certain percentage remains compound to the paste - that is what likes to remain in the sink
Now, there is always a debate whether fluoride is good or bad for you and I encourage you to read more on this widely research topic and make your own choice. DENTTABS has many excellent links and loads more info on their website under their FAQS page - click here to go directly to their website. Note, it is in German but you can hit the Google translate button and it translates very well.
Very good product and will continue to use. Only gave 4 star as are a little unpleasant when first crush in mouth - but get used to with time. Worth it for the environmental benefits.
Great stuff, I find the taste very pleasant. And it's perfect for travelling with 30ml bottle easily enough for a month. Also, my teeth are quite sensitive and some other clay / powder based products make it worse. No such problem with the Denttabs, therefore no need to "cycle" them with sensitive teeth toothpaste.
Just brilliant very glad I made the switch.
Performs just as well as my old toothpaste, just with less waste. Is strange at first but I quickly got used to it - you also need to use a manual brush rather than electric, though, which was my first mistake!
I have been using these for a while now. They are every bit as good as tube toothpaste.
I love using denttabs as a plastic free alternative to usual toothpaste. I also like the fact that they have an option to purchase ones with fluoride in because I have found it difficult finding other plastic free toothpastes with fluoride. They are perfect for everyday use as well as travelling and you cannot use too little or to much as they come in individual tablets. I love the fact that the packaging is not only plastic free but compostable. Can’t recommend enough!
I use these fine with my electric toothbrush, I've incorporated them into my bedtime routine in a way that gives them time to become paste in my mouth. I like the taste, my mouth feels even cleaner than with normal toothpaste and I love the ethos / ecological benefits. Also a pleasant and efficient company to deal with.
I’ve tried a few toothpaste tabs, and these are the best I have tried. You only need one per brush, and it creates enough paste in the mouth to comfortably brush. Also it keeps my breath, so does everything I’d want out of a toothpaste, which having lots of economic benefits too! Recommend for sure.
These are a great product, takes some minor adjusting to the fact that it doesn't "froth up" as much as regular toothpaste, but there is still plenty to clean with! The Plastic Free Shop is also a fab place to buy from - quick, efficient and sustainably packaged delivery with friendly and rapid customer service.
After some adjusting to the different texture and taste of these compared to “normal” toothpaste - I will never go back! Had to use standard toothpaste once since and it tasted so sweet and sickly, couldn’t wait to get home and use a dentab! We use them with bamboo brushes and they’ve worked great for us for over a year now :)
Simply amazing: it leaves a much fresher taste in your mouth than most common toothpastes would do. Plus, it is environmentally friendly.
So pleased I found these toothpaste tablets - more like using the dentifrice we had as children (shows my age!) My dentist has approved too. It really doesn't take long to get used to the concept rather than tubes of toothpaste. Just purchased 4 more little tins to give each of my friends that I'll be camping with soon. I'm keen to promote the reduction of plastic as best I can.
Leave a review