We use Royal Mail for all our parcels. From experience we find that sending everything via Royal Mail's tracked service is the safest and most convenient for our customers. You will receive notifications directly from Royal Mail by email and SMS (if you enter a mobile number) which will update you when your parcel is on its way and when it is due to be delivered to you.
We work hard to keep our costs to you inline with Royal Mail prices and are also pleased to be able to offer:
- FREE POSTAGE by Royal Mail Tracked 48 for all orders over £50,
- FREE COLLECTION from our premises for any order amount, (by arrangement - please select this option at checkout and contact us to arrange a time – thanks).
Details of our regular mail options are as follows:
- Royal Mail Tracked 48 - £3.20 (free over £50). Orders will be posted within 2 working days, delivery in 3 - 5 days from dispatch. In most cases we are able to get orders placed by lunchtime out the same day.
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 - £4.60 Orders will be posted within 2 working days. Delivery in 1-3 days from dispatch.
- Please note we have no collection on a Saturday. We try to get Friday am orders out on the same day, all later orders will be dispatched on the following Monday.
It is the customer's responsibility to check that all delivery address details are correct before completing your purchase. We cannot retrieve or replace any orders that go missing or are wrongly delivered if the delivery details were incorrect on the order confirmation.
If your item is returned to us undelivered (for an incorrect postal address, not collected from Royal Mail depot in time, etc.), we will ask you to kindly pay the standard delivery cost of £3.20 to have your order resent to you. We will store any returned orders for 2 weeks and after that time if we haven't heard from the customer with instructions for re-sending or cancellation, we will return the order to our stock.
Europe & International
To keep our carbon footprint down we don't ship our products worldwide. We are currently unable to ship to Europe because of customs clearance. We are sincerely sorry about this.
Our Packaging Pledge
Now, here is a topic we are determined not to overlook. After all, what is the point of selling plastic free products if the packaging doesn’t follow the same ethos?
Our parcels may not be the prettiest you have ever seen but here at The Plastic Free Shop our no plastic pledge continues through to our packaging:
- We always use reused or recycled paper to package your products safely inside the box - no bubble wrap or foam peanuts.
- We use compostable tape made from brown paper, with a latex-based adhesive to seal your parcels - a totally biodegradable tape that can be recycled or composted with your box.
- Where possible we send out packages in reused cardboard boxes, often ones that have originally come from our suppliers, or brown paper mailers for small products, with reused cardboard inserts for protection. On occasions where we do need to use new boxes these will be made from recycled cardboard where possible
- Our invoices are printed on paper recycled from de-inked low-grade household waste material: the most difficult to recycle, and often consigned to landfill.
- We ask that our customers please reuse, recycle, or compost any packaging we send your way :).
- We offer local customers the option to collect their purchases from us free of charge with prior arrangement, it all helps!
Please email us at email@example.com if you have any queries about delivery or packaging. If for any reason your order does not arrive as expected please email us quoting your order number, and we will investigate as soon as possible.