How lovely are these! Extra soft bamboo bristles, bamboo handle that is chunky enough for a good grip by little hands, just enough bristles for a small mouth and a gorgeous bunny motif.
- All Curanatura toothbrushes are developed in cooperation with European dental hygienists (Strictly complies with Global Symposium on Oral Hygiene standards)
- They use solid moso bamboo to make their toothbrush handles.
- Bamboo toothbrush handles are naturally antibacterial and antimicrobial and Curanatura’s handles are also heat treated which means the surface is ‘carbonised’. This results in the waterproofing of the bamboo and makes it soft to touch and much more durable in the bathroom.
- This brush has EXTRA SOFT bristles made from bamboo dust mixed with Nylon 4 bristles. The bristles are approximately 90% bamboo, 10% nylon. Especially recommended for cleaning sensitive teeth and gums. To make the bristles bamboo material is steamed and dried then ground to dust. This dust is mixed with nylon 4 and pulled into the bristles. Bamboo is the major ingredient but the nylon is necessary to be able to make homogeneous bristles and also to make them durable. Raw bamboo bristles at this very fine thickness would rot in a matter of days.
- Nylon 4 is a BPA and phthalate free, naturally biodegradable polyamide and is widely considered as one of the most tolerable plastics from a health point of view.
- Suitable for ages 1 year up
- Packaging - recycled kraft card box
- Total length of toothbrush 14cm
- For best results, most dentist's recommend you replace your toothbrush every three months.
- Disposing of your toothbrush. The handle can be disposed of safely by returning it to earth in compost. Japanese studies have shown the bristles to biodegrade in approximately 4 months however some research questions this, and suggest it is currently better to remove nylon bristles from a bamboo toothbrush before disposal due to the different times they take to biodegrade.
Curanatura is a Slovakian company that first started selling bamboo toothbrushes in 2013. They have designed their toothbrush range together with a dental hygienist to offer the best possible performance, as well as strong environmental credentials.
The Company offers a variety of bristle types in their toothbrushes, all of which contain Nylon 4 - a preferred material for toothbrush bristles according to the International Federation of Dental Hygienists. Nylon 4 is BPA and phthalate free, naturally biodegradable polyamide and is widely considered as one of the most tolerable plastics from a health point of view. Bamboo is the major ingredient but the nylon is necessary to be able to make homogeneous bristles and also to make them durable. Raw bamboo bristles at this very fine thickness would rot in a matter of days.