Bicarbonate of Soda is a traditional, non toxic cleaning product, perfect for a multitude of uses around the home and in home made cleaning products. I have been using this particular brand from Dripak's Clean & Natural range at home for months, it really is so useful and great to find it packaged just in cardboard.
Here are a just a few ideas on how you can use it.
- Use as a mild abrasive or scouring agent on shiny materials, as it can clean without scratching. It is suitable for use on aluminium, chrome, plastic, porcelain, silver, stainless steel and tin. Great for cleaning cooker tops, sinks and tiles. Sprinkle directly onto the surface and wipe over with a damp sponge or cloth.
- To deodorise carpets and upholstery, sprinkle Bicarbonate of Soda and leave for at least an hour, or preferably overnight. Then vacuum to leave fresh smelling, perfume free fabric.
- To deodorise fridges, simply remove the top of the packet and place at the back of the fridge. When odour starts to return, replace the packet. You can empty the spent packet into plug holes or drains followed by hot water to help keep them clean.
- Add Bicarbonate of Soda to waste bins, dustbins and pet litter trays to reduce odour
- Pour two or three tablespoons of Bicarbonate of Soda followed by an equal amount of White Vinegar down plug holes to keep sinks and baths clean and odour free. The fizzing action will help to remove built up debris. Flush with hot water after about ten minutes.
- Safe for use in septic tanks
- Package Size: 500g
- Packaging: recyclable cardboard
- Note: for cleaning purposes only - not to be taken internally